A smile is contagious and one of the most beautiful things that a person could wear. Hence, you must properly take care of your smile, i.e., teeth. However, there are times when your smile suffers from chips, discolouration, or cracks despite the care and efforts. And these issues make most Australians conscious of their smiles.
So, what should one do in such situations?
The solution is a dental veneer that takes care of all the issues mentioned above. Not sure of what veneers are and how they work? Don’t worry, as you have come to the right place.
You will get all the necessary information regarding veneers in this article. Read the information provided thoroughly before looking for the best veneers Sydney.
What are Dental Veneers used for?
The oral condition in Australia is worrisome. According to government studies, 1 in 25 people (aged 15 and over) have no natural teeth left. On the other hand, people who have all their teeth don’t have them in good condition. And that’s when dental veneers Sydney comes into the picture.
Dental veneers are also known as porcelain veneers or dental laminates. They are not a necessity, and they are installed only if a person is not satisfied with how their teeth look like. So, they can be considered a cosmetic procedure and are generally not covered by medical insurance. They are very thin shells like structures crafted especially for individuals in order to restore their smiles.
Restoration of a smile is done by covering the upper surface of teeth and bonding these shell-like structures to the front face of your teeth.
In short, the veneers are used for altering the size, colour or length of imperfect teeth.
How Are Veneers Placed on Teeth?
You might have a vague idea about the process, but it is better to understand the process in detail. It will help you in making a sound decision. So, here is the step-by-step procedure, have a look-
- The dentist first examines if your oral hygiene and condition permit the placement of veneers using various processes like intraoral photographs, x-rays, etc.
- The next step involves the removal of some amount of enamel from your teeth to make room for veneers.
- Then the dentist uses a standard putty impression or a scanner to make a mould of your teeth.
- A shade guide is used, and the one closest to your natural teeth colour is noted down.
- The dentist will send the details to the lab and hand a temporary restoration over to you for the time being.
- By the time of your next appointment, your veneers will be ready for installation. The dentist will place veneers carefully and check if you can bite properly.
- After proper adjustment, it is bonded, and you are good to go.
Benefits of Veneers
Dental veneers have been around for quite a long time now and have helped many Australians. Here are some benefits, have a look:
Porcelain veneers are custom made to look and feel natural in your mouth. So, unless you tell someone about it, they won’t have the slightest idea.
As nobody would be able to notice your veneers, you can wear your smile with confidence without having any fear.
Your smile can be restored with the help of veneers if you have taken care of your teeth properly.
Now that you have all the necessary information look for the best dentist veneer Sydney.