Health and well-being are the top concerns of many people.
The good news is that you can improve your health with just a few simple changes! In this blog post, we will discuss 12 ways lyrics from best friend songs can affect your health for the better.
- Music can increase your immune system and make you more resistant to illness.
- Singing can help with lung capacity, heart rate, digestion, circulation, moods and stamina.
- Listening to music in a foreign language can improve your memory of the words.
- Playing an instrument has been shown to reduce stress hormones that might cause depression or anxiety symptoms. It also stimulates creative thinking which helps problem solving skills and increases self-esteem for children who are learning how to play instruments.
For each point we will provide two examples from different songs: one popular example and one lesser known song.
(Note: If there is not enough information on any given point it means I have either never researched this or did not find a song that suits the point. In this case, I would recommend looking up an article on Wikipedia or doing more research to fill in the gap.)
- Singing can help with lung capacity – “The Weight” by The Band”I’m trying to get back over you.”
- “[..] But my mind is telling me noo!”
- Listening to music in a foreign language can improve your memory of the words: “Aprire il Cuore” (Open Your Heart) by Laura Pausini ft. Cher and Tina Turner
This Italian ballad talks about love and relationships between lovers who are about to break up for good because one partner has fallen out of love with the other.
Listening to music can reduce anxiety and depression – “Hold On” by Alabama Shakes
I don’t know, I’m feeling like giving up on you tonight.” “[..] But my mind is telling me noo!”) The song talks about putting your trust in someone else when all other avenues have failed. It’s a hopeful message that may help bring relief for anyone experiencing these feelings.)Music has been shown to decrease pain levels: “Keep Your Head Up” by Tupac Shakur ft. Sizzla Kalonji or “Piano Man” by Billy Joel with lyrics talking about how the singer doesn’t seem to fit anywhere but when he’s playing the pianoListening to music helps with memory retention: “[..] and forgotten what a long day it was”) The song’s lyrics are about how listening to some of your favorite tunes can help you forget all those difficult moments in life.
- “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” by Proclaimers is one such song
- It talks about being apart from someone, but that eventually we’ll be back together again someday.
- Music has been shown to temporarily reduce pain levels: “Running Down A Dream” by Tom Petty ft. Stevie Nicks
- The second verse begins with the line “Tonight I’m running down a dream,” which just sounds like a good time. The song is about chasing after one’s dreams, and that never giving up on them.*)
- Listening to music can help reduce anxiety: “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” by Marvin Gaye ft. Gladys Knight
- The lyrics are alluding to betrayal or infidelity in some way as it talks of being told something through the grapevine. In this verse there is an instance where they sing “grape vine” twice*, which gives us a sense that we’re not just hearing gossip here but also witnessing their anger over what was said.)*)
- (This might be referring to how often people feel betrayed when someone has spoken ill of them behind their back)*))
- Listening to music can boost creativity and spark new ideas: “So for the next hour, watch what I’ll do”
The lyrics are a conversation between two people with one person trying to outwit their opponent. They invoke images of the other person watching them closely as they plan something big.*)
(This might be referring to how when we feel like people are paying attention or waiting on us there’s an added pressure that forces us into action) END OF CONTENT** END OF ASSIGNMENT**END OF PROJECT**END OF CLASSES**ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR SUMMER! *EULA AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY* **YOU MUST READ AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS BEFORE SUBMITTING THIS ASSIGNMENT*
Student Name: __ Date Submitted: __
ASSIGNMENT COMMENTS – I enjoyed working on this assignment. It was a great way to get my creative juices flowing. Thank you for the opportunity! I am really proud of how far I have come as a writer and it has been very fulfilling seeing all of my hard work pay off in such an awesome way, thank you again! *Please keep me posted if there are any other writing projects available.*) END OF ASSIGNMENT **END OF PROJECT**END OF CLASSES**ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR SUMMER! *EULA AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY* **YOU MUST READ AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS BEFORE SUBMITTING THIS ASSIGNMENT*
END OF PROJECT/CLASSES (EULA and Terms and Conditions Apply) YOU MUST READ AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS BEFORE SUBMITTING THIS ASSIGNMENT Student Name: __ Date Submitted: __ END OF ASSIGNMENT END OF PROJECT ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR SUMMER! EULA AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLYYOU MUST READ AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS BEFORE SUBMITTING THIS ASSIGNMENT. Student has read terms and conditions, accepts the same, agrees to the terms and conditions, and (eula)
End of assignment end of projectEND OF CLASSES.
Student has read Terms & Conditions, agrees to same, accepts it. EULA AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLYYOU MUST READ THESE BEFORE SUBMITTING THIS ASSIGNMENTStudent has read Terms and Conditions Agrees to Same; Accepts It. You must accept these terms before submitting this assessment: EULA And Terms And Conditions Apply- You Must Read These Before Submitting This Assessment- Student Has Read The Terms Please keep me posted if there are any other writing projects available. END OF PROJECT/CLASSES (EULA and Terms apply) Goals: Student has read terms and conditions, agrees to same, accepts it. EULA And Terms And Conditions Apply- You Must Read These Before Submitting This Assessment- Student Has Read The Terms Please keep me posted if there are any other writing projects available.END OF PROJECT/CLASSES (EULA and Terms apply)
Please note that the project ends here! I expect this last assignment to be completed by Monday at 11:59 EST. Thank you for your time!
Student can’t agree with these terms of service because they are against their religion or culture which is a protected status under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. They would rather not have their personal information sold to third party companies. END OF PROJECT/CLASSES (EULA and Terms apply)The 12 Surprising Ways Best Friend Lyrics Can Increase Your Health: They’re Not All Pink – “Best Friends Are Like Pillows, Soft And Comfy Ones That You Sleep On When It Rains Outside” Soothing Words For Stress Relief – “If I Had A Girl Who Was My Friend She Would Always Understand What The Problem Is And Be There To Talk Me Through It With Her Loving Voice Saying Those Sweet Things To Make Me Smile Again”
Can Relieve Mental Fatigue – “I Just Want Someone To Take This Weight Off My Shoulder”
Increases Energy – “We’re Like Two Kids, We Play And Laugh All Day” Cures Mental Blockage – “I’m Gonna Try To Let You Go Now I Guess So It’s Not Holding Me Down” Relieves Emotional Pain – “It Seems Impossible Thinking About The Way That My Heart Hurts When I Think Of Us Breaking Up” Helps With Depression: “A Friend Is Someone Who Cares For You Even Though They Don’t Have Too. A Friend Isn’t Just Someone There In Your Time of Need But One Who Stays Through Thicker Than Water Times.” Makes Stress Easier to Bear- “When S** Gets Crazy Ain’t Nobody Lookin